Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mobile Device Users: Different or the Same?

Do all mobile device users use their devices differently or the same?

The question is an easy one to answer, absolutely not. My husband and I both purchased our iPhones at the same time but we each have completely different uses for them. While I have an abundance of apps and am in a constant search for more to make my life easier he only has two or three beyond what came with his phone. He is quick to tell you that he loves his phone for the iTunes, he has roughly ten of his favorite songs in a playlist that he listens to constantly. He also uses it for the phone, address book and web browsing capabilities but that is about it. He asked me to upgrade his phone the other night and teach his how to use it and what it could do. When we got to the app store he had no idea what to look for. He didn't want to pay for anything and had no idea about what he would want to make his life easier. In the end he continues to happily use his phone that allows him to surf the net, make calls and play music.

I think we are a clear example of direct opposites when it comes to the use of the phone. I use mine for everything. If I could order an external keyboard for it I would problably spend as much time on it as I do my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment