Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Progress Update - Argh!

I feel like this project is a constant battle of one step forward and two back. I think a lot of my problems come from being tired and feeling the pressure of time lines. I was so thrilled with my progress last week that I began forging ahead into RSS programming only to find myself reworking code I had already written because I was too tired and somehow accidentally wiped out a couple of days worth of work that I could not get to work again even though I thought I was doing the same thing. After banging my head against the desk for three days I decided to leave the project alone for almost 24 hours and work on other neglected work. I believe this was very helpful, not only did I make headway on my project for my other class but when I returned to the coding I was thinking much clearer and was able to get my coding back to where I had been as of class time last week.

Working with the RSS feed has been another challenge. Although I have been able to successfully get an RSS feed running in an application on its own I have been unable to mesh it with the coding I have completed thus far. For me it is important to get the application running as I envision it so that it will function properly and easily for the end user. So I am still plugging away but feel like I am moving very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment