Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Progress Report - Success Finally!

I have finally finished coding up my application. It does not meet the grandiose desires I had at the beginning of the term but let's face it, that was a lot for one person to want to accomplish in 10 short weeks without knowing Objective-C. My application does have a nifty application icon and splash screen, don't blink as it goes by, that I am pleased with. Once the application gets started it displays a table with a list of choices for calendars to display. Users can click on the calendar they wish to view and it will open a mobile version of the specified calendar in the safari browser. This step is were I find my biggest disappointment in the app I have created. When I chose to scale down my ideas I had every intention of displaying everything in the app but after weeks of struggling I gave up and went this route. I do have some ideas of how I could possibly go back and get this working and think I will continue to pursue it at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment